Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cruisin'

hi family!

We got back from our cruise last night (thanks sheri and david for picking us up). We had a great time. It was so much fun. We spent a lot of time on the sundeck and pool/hottub. Until Ben got burned the second day, all over his arms and legs. I made sure to put sunscreen on his face and shoulders, so they were fine, but his legs and arms got neglected, and they FRIED. Poor baby, he was SO burned. I felt really bad for him. So we didn't spend much time in the sun for the rest of the cruise. We watched drunk people sing karaoke... pretty funny. We spent a lot of time dining (amazing food).... and all you can eat! We also enjoyed the live music, comedian, activities such as dance lessons, the gym, health classes, ping pong tournament, etc. It was a blast. We were sad that we didn't get to stop in Ensenada, mexico. I would have loved to walk around the little markets. But I totally understand they wanted to be aware that no one got sick. It an excuse to go again... since we didn't touch mexican soil :) It was an awesome trip, and such a nice break from school and work. Im already planning our next one! Just kidding.... but I am thinking about it! :) I hope you're all doing well. Happy birthday mom and Jana! I will talk to you both tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the pictures. I love you! xxxx -Lara

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I am so happy that you updated! I LOVED looking at all of your cruise and graduation pictures!! I have always wanted an elephant folded towel, you are very lucky! (No seriously, I have always wanted one). I am SO glad that you don't have swine flu, I had been worried about you guys! Its too bad that you couldn't get off the ship in Mexico, but your right, you can always go again! Poor ben for getting sunburned, he doesn't seem to have much luck with travelling! I hope its better by now!
    You guys are both looking so great in your pictures, your such a good looking couple. Love you both! -Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting all those photos. I LOVED them. I hope you had just a marvelous time. It's too bad about Mexico, but I have to be honest--I was relieved that they took that precaution. You both looked great in the photos. I love that green dress on you!!! I want to say a huge thank you for your special birthday gift to me and the lovely card. Thanks for having a little party--it meant a lot. I sure do love you guys and pray for you always.

    ReplyDelete