Saturday, March 7, 2009

Update


Here's the cake I made for our princess party. It was a bit of a disaster as you can seen. The side was caved in and there were pieces falling off. At least it tasted good. I was horrified when I arrived because I thought the cakes were just being made for eating, but instead they were the actual centerpieces for the tables. One lady had used an actual princess barbie as the center of the cake, then decorated the cake around the barbie, as the dress. It was so immaculate. I felt pretty embarrassed. Only a couple pieces of mine got eaten. And I ate one of the pieces. So I think only one or two people chose mine to eat. Not that I blame them... At least Ben had a wonderful time finishing off the rest of it over the last few days. He's my biggest fan. He thought it was perfect.  I better be careful where I let this picture out to..... it might end up on the ugliest cakes blog! LOL. I have a lot to learn about time management. There is just never enough time... and I do a poor job of planning ahead. Oh well, at least I had the best intentions. I went to uncle Steve's office yesterday to get all signed up to work for him. I met all the people there. They are so nice but I was a bit nervous so I was glad to see Rachel. He's got a really nice office. I'm excited to work for him. I will probably start in about a month or so. I love you all. I hope we can talk tomorrow. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lara the cake turned out beautiful! It looks SO yummy!! And let me tell you a little secret in the cake decorating world: When you cook a dress for a barbie cake, the cake gets really hard on the outside and rarely gets fully cooked on the inside. Highly decorated cakes never, never taste good. So, be proud of your cake!
    I'm so excited for you to start working for Uncle Steve! How fun! We need to talk again soon! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete