Sunday, February 15, 2009

VALENTINE'S DAY

So Ben and I tried to go skiing yesterday for Valentine's day. We woke up at the break of dawn, got all ready, and headed out. But as we started driving we realized that the roads were VERY slippery, and there was a snowstorm. So we didn't think we'd make it up the canyon with our little echo. So we decided to go over to Sheri's to borrow her tire chains. She didn't think they would fit, but that didn't stop us. I was just sure that chains that would fit her car would also fit mine, I mean, they are not that different in size. SO it was like 9 in the morning and we were all bundled up outside Sheri and David's apartment trying for over an hour to get her chains on our tires. Well we finally realized that they didn't fit, and were not going to work. So then we went to Walmart to buy our own chains. Then we raced to BYU to rent skis, since its cheaper there. But there was a huge crowd, and at least a half an hour wait. So since it was after 12 by then, so we packed it in and gave up. Sad. We thought "oh we'll just go on monday instead, since its a holiday." But then I realized that I have a piano lesson on  monday that I can't miss. So maybe some other weekend. At least we now have chains for our tires if I ever get stuck at work. So then I cleaned the house and practiced the piano, and Ben did homework. We went out to eat at Los Hermanos (which was very delicious) then we went to babysit for Tina. Those boys absolutely LOVE ben. He's gonna be a good daddy. They love to wrestle with him. What it it with boys and wrestling? I don't get it. But they sure had a blast. I'll add some pictures as soon as I get my camera back. I accidently left it at Tina's. 

3 comments:

  1. What a shame about skiing! Hope you can go another day. Thanks so much for keeping up your blog! I look forward to it. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhhh, I really like your new blog layout! Very cute!
    Thats too bad that you didn't get to go skiing, but it sounds like you guys had fun trying :)
    It was great talking tonight, even if it was just quickly! We need to talk again soon, love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh and by the way, we were watching family home videos at mom and dad's house today... HILARIOUS! I can't wait to tell you about them, haha.

    ReplyDelete